Sunday, May 24, 2009

Easy...

I have a Sunday morning ritual where I walk to the Marrickville Markets and buy a freshly baked garlic loaf (whole garlic cloves caramelised in sugar syrup, balsalmic vinegar and cracked pepper then baked into an organic fresh loaf - worth the trip!). Anyhow, there's two buildings that always catch my eye.


This building on Marrickville Road - front...


- back...


What I like about this little piece of urban decay is that a sign on the side of the building next door somehow survived the construction (I imagine some fifty years ago) and recent destruction of the building above. I can't make out that many words but I still think its pretty amazing its still there...


But my other favourite store is called Muscle Mania which features this representation of two steroid riddled neanderthals. I love that it screams "NO EXCUSES!" Dude, I can think of at least fifty seven excuses not to look like that...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment