Sunday, June 20, 2010

Come on... England...


This is for real from the Illawara Mercury...

I know it must be hard being a professional footballer. Having a natural gift that earns you millions to push a football around the field must be incredibly challenging. What I don't understand is if you take a couple of years on a World Cup campaign to finally reach the finals, after all that work and graft with the hopes of a nation riding on your shoulders, WHY would you decide to play like my nephew's under 5's team?

I'm talking England here. I'm used to disappointment being an England supporter but I'm especially grumpy as the time difference between Sydney and South Africa means the last two England means I needed to get up at 4:30am to watch the game live. And they were rubbish - no cohesion, no style... WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Come on boys, all this lack of sleep is making me irritable and your performance isn't helping. If you can just remember that your are professional footballers, maybe just maybe, you'll remember how to win a game.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment