Friday, June 4, 2010

What is the issue with the cosmos?


As you may or may not know, I write for Blanket magazine and the latest issue is really, really great. Matter of fact, the weakest thing in the whole issue is my crappy story about my obssession with astrology. For serious - it is worth the download, some of the artworks this month are breath taking and it only costs $2 (and by the way, it's not all about astrology but space, time and stormtroopers as well).

What else? Superchunk are going to make me happy very soon. We just need an Australian tour now. I think the last time they were here was 1994 and I still remember that gig - one of the best I've seen which I think they would classify as one of their worst. They were beset by all these crazy problems (Mac's guitar strap broke, Laura broke a bass string) which led to all these hilarious solutions, punk rock style. I still remember Mac saying "We're not even on a major label so we don't have to be professional." I should really tell you about that gig sometime - it was amazing.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment