Sunday, August 30, 2009

Some things I learnt this week...


1. I hate working Saturdays... I guess I didn't really learn this, I was just reminded of it.

2. I am owed six months back pay (yay!) so I'm contemplating a trip to Northern NSW.. or Macau on the new budget airline Viva Macau Airlines. I have to admit that the name of the airline doesn't scream air safety to me but then I take Sydney Buses everyday - it couldn't be any worse right?

3. I think in my entire life I have never used the word 'rad'... until this week when I was describing the film District 9. I think the words 'awesome' and 'violent' were in that same sentence so it must have really struck a chord with my inner-twelve old.

4. The first new war of the 21st century will not be between aliens and humans but music nerds and hipsters. Apparently, the first salvo in the war was Pitchfork listing their top 500 songs for the 00's... Your move hipsters...

5. I'm having an Almodovar film retrospective and every film so far has made me cry at least once. It's like a Spanish version of the Gilmore Girls or something...

6. After listening to Future of the Left talk about Margaret Thatcher, they are my new heroes. See below...

Dirty Laundry Presents: Future Of The Left from Dirty Laundry on Vimeo.



--

No comments:

Post a Comment